Programs and Activities
Family Support Network™ Charlotte enhances the formal and informal support systems for families with children who have special needs. Family Support is a community based approach that:
- Increases the strength and resilience of families.
- Support parents and siblings as they help their children and siblings achieve their full potential.
- Strengthens communities by strengthening families.
- Engages community-based, cost effective volunteer and peer support.
- Promotes collaboration with other community organizations, reducing duplication of services.
- Impacts the entire community buy promoting strong families.
Programs and Activities Include:
- Parent-to-Parent, a core service of the Family Support Network™ Charlotte, facilitates one-to-one emotional and information support, offered to parents of a child who has special needs by a trained Support Parent who has had similar experiences.
- Information and Resources for parents, service providers and community partners
- Workshops for families, service providers an community partners
- NICU Support at CMC Levine Children’s Hospital and Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital
- Support Groups
- Resource Library
FSN provides families with a lending library of resource materials.
See an online catalog of our available materials.